JBR Capital, the UK’s only independent finance provider dedicated solely to high end vehicle finance, announced today (Thursday January 29) that it has been acquired by an affiliate of Cabot Square Capital, the specialist financial services private equity investor.
JBR Capital offers bespoke specialist finance for modern day cars, supercars, classic cars and historic cars to private individuals and businesses. Cabot Square plans to invest up to £30 million to fund further growth of the business.
JBR Capital’s Co-Founder & CEO, Darren Selig, who has 12 years’ experience in high end vehicle finance, said: “The market for high end vehicles, both modern day and classic, continues to grow.
“There is increasing demand from buyers to obtain flexible bespoke finance in order to fund their purchases, even at large ticket sizes.
“On the supply side, there is a significant gap in the market for a finance provider with specialist sector knowledge.
“Working closely with manufacturers, dealers and specialist brokers, JBR Capital is perfectly placed to provide finance to buyers in a fast and efficient manner.
“JBR Capital has an exceptional management team with Co-Founder & CFO Shalom Benaim joining from PWC, COO Stephen Halstead joining from Metaswitch Networks and Non-Executive Chairman Bryan Marcus bringing 14 years of executive experience from Volkswagen Financial Services.”
Dan Rosenberg, Investment Director at Cabot Square, commented: “Customer service in the high end vehicle finance market has been lacking.
“JBR Capital is well positioned given its strong distribution relationships, its unique service offering and its holistic, risk-based approach to credit underwriting.
“We are excited to be working with Darren and the rest of the management team and look forward to building the market leader in high end vehicle finance.”
Key features include:
• Funding of modern day cars, supercars, classic cars and historic cars
• Lending from £25,000 up to £1m
• Flexible bespoke financing solutions tailored to the customer’s needs
• Hire purchase and lease purchase
• Fixed and variable rate finance products
• Terms up to 60 months with or without balloon
• Full in-house end to end finance solution
• Holistic risk-based credit assessment allows for best-in-class decision delivery with consistent speed of service
• Innovative technology with distribution at point of sale through dealers and specialist brokers