What is a vulnerable customer?
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) defines a vulnerable customer as ‘someone who, due to their personal circumstances, is especially susceptible to harm, particularly when a firm is not acting with appropriate levels of care’.
When assessing vulnerability, JBR Capital will take a tailored approach and review individual needs and circumstances on a case-by-case basis.
Identifying a vulnerable customer
JBR Capital is committed to ensuring that operations of the firm do not negatively impact any of our customers or potential customers. With consideration to the rules and guidance issued by the FCA, our employees are trained to identify vulnerable customers and provide the support required to ensure good outcomes.
It may not always be possible to identify a vulnerability, and therefore if a customer feels that they may be vulnerable or in vulnerable circumstances, we ask that we are notified of any needs as soon as possible.
When we identify or are notified of a vulnerable customer or circumstances, we aim to:
- Ensure that our employees make time to listen to the individual needs and circumstances of our customer
- Give sufficient time and opportunity to our customer to provide any information we may require
- Provide opportunities for our customers to register with us as vulnerable, recording and regularly updating any relevant information on our internal systems
- Allow our customer reasonable time and opportunity to make repayments and consider freezing transactions if appropriate
- Regularly confirm that our customer has understood any information provided to them
- Engage with third parties where a customer has requested for us to do so
We also aim to ensure our internal procedures are up to date and relevant, that our documentation is available in any format requested and that our partners are aware of this policy.
In all circumstances, we will ensure our customers are aware of alternative options available to them, including signposting to organisations such as:
Money Advice Service
0800 138 7777
0800 678 1602
0300 1233 393
0800 144 8848
If you find yourself vulnerable, or in vulnerable circumstances please call our Customer Support line on 0203 393 3936.
If you are a third party calling on behalf of our customer, please ensure you have the relevant permissions and details of the agreement to hand.