- About Us
- Alfa romeo Finance
- Aston Martin Finance
- Audi Finance
- Bentley Finance
- BMW Finance
- Bugatti Finance
- Buyer Guides
- Car Finance Calculator
- Car Finance Guide
- A Complete Guide to Car Hire Purchase
- Can you get finance for a classic car?
- Can you get finance for a supercar?
- Car Finance FAQs
- Car Finance Glossary
- The Complete Guide to Car Lease Purchase
- Classic & Supercar Magazine
- Classic Car Finance
- Credit Scorer
- Customer Policies
- Electric Car Finance
- Ferrari Finance
- Finance Enquiry
- Finance Products
- Ford Finance
- Frazer-Nash Finance
- Jaguar Finance
- Koenigsegg Finance
- Lamborghini Finance
- Land Rover Finance
- Lotus Finance
- Maserati Finance
- Maybach Finance
- McLaren Finance
- Mercedes-Benz Finance
- Morgan Finance
- Nissan Finance
- Pagani Finance
- Porsche Finance
- Prestige & Luxury Car Finance
- Racing Car Finance
- Rolls-Royce Finance
- Selig & Stretton: Fund Your Passion
- Sports Car Finance
- Super Car Driving Tours
- Supercar Driver and JBR Capital
- Supercar Finance
- Tailored finance for luxury classic & supercars
- Tesla Finance
- Aston Martin DB9 over the years
Being a British Luxury car finance company we are big fans of Aston Martin, and the DB9 is an unexpected...
September 13, 2016
- The True Worth of 2016's Limited Edition Super Cars
The major sports and supercar manufacturers have treated us with a veritable feast of special limited-edition...
September 26, 2016
- JBR Auction Update – Autumn 2016
If collectors’ car auctioneers ever have a chance to sit back and take it easy, it’s certainly not...
October 24, 2016
- MᶜLaren First Drive
Tom Stewart has been reviewing cars professionally for 25 years but was yet to get behind the wheel of...
November 4, 2016
- The Mercedes SLK Facelift - meet the class of SLC
This year, and neatly coinciding with the 20th anniversary of the original SLK class, Mercedes has launched...
November 13, 2016
- The Holy Trinity: McLaren, Porsche & Ferrari hypercars Grand Tour
As Jeremy Clarkson and The Grand Tour team hit the track to give their views on the Holy Trinity, we...
November 18, 2016
- Classic Car Barn Finds
Ever dreamed of discovering a lost classic car? We spoke to eight car experts who did just that. They...
November 23, 2016
- The Cars We Wished Our Dads Owned Part 1: The 1960s
We look at the top five classic cars we wished were on our parents’ driveways in the 1960s, and have...
December 7, 2016
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS: Revealing The True Worth
Following our blog on the ‘instant classics’ of 2016 – supercars that have attracted a significant...
December 9, 2016
- The Cars We Wished Our Dads Owned Part 2: The 1970s
Our run-down of the five classic cars we wished were on our parents’ driveways in the 1970s, with accompanying...
December 14, 2016
- STUTTGART Utility Vehicles : Mercedes G/GLS Test Drives
In the UK it’s generally thought that if you need a large and luxurious SUV that’s as capable on...
December 22, 2016
- The Cars We Wished Our Dads Owned Part 3: The 1980s
Having covered the 1960s and 1970s, here’s our wish list from the 1980s. These cars from the ‘80s...
January 4, 2017
- 1960s Classic Trinity
Prompted by the first episode of Clarkson, May and Hammond’s Grand Tour, last November we wrote a feature...
January 26, 2017
- HOLY TRINITY OF THE NOUGHTIES
Having covered the recent Holy Trinity of hypercars, we then jumped back half a century to the Holy Trinity...
February 1, 2017
- Meet us at the London Classic Car Show
We very much hope to see you at the show, which takes place at the Excel Centre on February 23-26. Our...
February 7, 2017
- JBR AUCTION UPDATE - FEBRUARY 2017
Coinciding with the famous Retromobile show at the Porte de Versailles, three of the leading auction...
February 16, 2017
- ALTERNATIVE HYPERCAR TRINITY
In recent blogs we’ve brought you the lowdown on the most recent hypercar Holy Trinity, a 1960s Classic...
February 24, 2017
- Lamborghini Supercars - From 1963 Miura to 2017 Aventador
Following our blog on the ‘instant classics’– supercars that have attracted a significant premium...
March 9, 2017
- ROLLS-ROYCE WRAITH: The sportiest Rolls-Royce in 77 years
Owners of supercars and classics are often in need of a more practical car, and there are some fast,...
March 28, 2017
- ABARTH: THE PINT-SIZED SUPERCAR
Say hello to the Abarth 595 and 695. Yes, they’re based on Fiat’s cute and hugely popular 500 citycar,...
April 20, 2017
- Bentley Fastback values – a decade of growth
Dr Vincent van der Vinne returns as our guest blog writer this week, and this time he offers his analysis...
April 27, 2017
- Five of the best: JBR Capital names top five auto investments
JBR Capital names top five automotive investments, which are more affordable than you think - A future...
May 16, 2017
- Astons Auctioned
Bonhams’ 18th annual Aston Martin sale at Aston Martin’s spiritual home in Newport Pagnell on Saturday...
May 17, 2017
- CLASSIC EVENTS FURTHER AFIELD
Following our round-up of 2017’s classic and supercar events in the UK, here as promised is our pick...
May 18, 2017
- Maserati 3500 GT/GTi Spider – relatively inexpensive
Twenty years ago, in December 1996, Brooks auctioned a nice original Maserati 3500 GT Spider for £29,000....
May 23, 2017
- The Jaguar XJ220 - when will it be appreciated?
The Jaguar XJ220 - when will it be appreciated?
July 28, 2017
- August's Auctions Update 2017
August is a time of great anticipation in the collectors car world, with much of it centered around the...
August 23, 2017
- A Weekend of Classics: Salon Privé and Concours of Elegance
The calendar for classic car shows seems busier every year, but there are two events that are particular...
September 6, 2017
- Range Rover Evoque scores as most popular Premiership Footballer's Car
Evoque comes top of a league table of luxury cars bought by footballers - the Top 10 is dominated by...
September 6, 2017
- Bentley Mulsanne The World’s Finest Luxury Car, Probably
In late July Rolls-Royce revealed its all-new Phantom. This eighth-generation model replaces the previous...
October 10, 2017
- The Ford GT Story
Follow us on a journey through 54 years of Ford's illustrious line of two-seater GT models in an in-depth...
October 18, 2017
- Mind-bending McLaren
The McLaren 720S, launched at the Geneva show earlier this year, is a stupendously, staggeringly, mindbendingly...
October 25, 2017
- McLaren 570S Spider Review
Our very own Martin Moore gets to drive the McLaren 570S. Watch the car in action in our video review.
October 27, 2017
- Introducing the JBR Capital Drivers Club
We recently held our first track day at the Goodwood Motor Circuit as part of our Drivers Club programme....
November 23, 2017
- The Modifiers Part One: Brabus and Kahn
Sometimes the efforts of the industry’s finest manufacturers don’t quite satisfy our clients’ desires...
November 29, 2017
- Track day coaching with a Lamborghini Huracan - JBR Capital Drivers Club
See a Lamborghini Huracan in action at Goodwood, as our coach Steve Glynn reveals why improving your...
December 7, 2017
- 2017 in the Rearview Mirror
It’s that time of year when we look back on the past 12 months and take stock. With that in mind we...
December 20, 2017
- The Top 10 Supercars of 2017
Last year, JBR Capital – providers of high-end vehicle finance – revealed its top 10 supercars of...
January 8, 2018
- Lancia Aurelia B24: A tale of two sports cars
The Lancia Aurelia is one of the most famous cars of this Italian marque. From the original sporting...
January 18, 2018
- How To Maintain Your Classic Car
For reasons of safety, continued reliability and value preservation, proper care and maintenance is crucial...
January 26, 2018
- Cars Unappreciated In Their Time
There have been many quite modest cars which were appreciated for their practicality and affordability...
February 8, 2018
- RACING PROVENANCE, ORIGINALITY AND VALUE
No hard and fast rules govern these topics, but excellent racing provenance, originality and number of...
February 20, 2018
- Fast Four-Seats Fastbacks
The options are plentiful when looking at 0-60s, brand new technology or sublime comfort but what about...
March 2, 2018
- Geneva Motor Show - the latest and greatest supercars
In the supercar category, the debuts and premieres really stole the show, with the likes of Aston Martin...
March 9, 2018
- We test drive the Aston Martin Vantage GT8
Aston Martin has produced some exceptional cars over the years and we were lucky enough to get our hands...
March 21, 2018
- 300 supercars gather for SuperCar Driver event
This Saturday (March 24th) we were lucky enough to join 300 supercars at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground...
March 28, 2018
- Ginetta Racing Drivers Club at Rockingham
We caught up with our friends at Ginetta to find out more about the Ginetta Racing Drivers Club (GRDC)...
May 16, 2018
- Video review of the Morgan Plus 8 50th Anniversary
I recently spent some time with the 50th Anniversary edition of the Morgan Plus 8, thanks to our friends...
May 24, 2018
- THE 75 MOST EXPENSIVE CARS SOLD AT AUCTION
Cars have always been an important part of our lives. However, for some, they are a social symbol where...
June 7, 2018
- Video review of the new Rolls-Royce Phantom
Something rather special: the new Rolls-Royce Phantom VIII – a car that redefines luxury and is, perhaps...
June 14, 2018
- VIDEO: Classic Drives – Aston Martin DB6
In the first of our new series of ‘Classic Drives,’ we take a closer look at a beautifully-restored...
June 28, 2018
- VIDEO: We review a trio of Morgans
We were lucky enough to test three Morgans: The V6 Roadster, the 4/4 and the 3 Wheeler. You can view...
July 26, 2018
- BRITISH SUPERCARS REIGN SUPREME - IN MOST POPULAR PRESTIGE BUYS
British-made luxury cars rank as the most popular in 2018, according to JBR Capital, the UK’s leading...
August 8, 2018
- LOW STRESS CLASSICS – c. £100k - £1m
In Part 1 we considered our pick of the more affordable Low Stress Classics and here in Part 2 we look...
August 21, 2018
- VIDEO: David Brown Speedback Silverstone Edition review
A clear sunny day, an empty runway circuit and a 60s-styled GT supercar. The David Brown Speedback Silverstone...
August 29, 2018
- The benefits of 3D Scanning for classic car owners
An introduction To the benefits to classic vehicle ownership of 3D Scanning , by KW Heritage, a division...
September 7, 2018
- September’s auction update 2018
Following the three major auctions held during Monterey Car Week in late August, momentum was maintained...
September 14, 2018
- Lamborghini Islero, an almost forgotten sports car
How many people are familiar with the Lamborghini Islero? Dr. Vincent van der Vinne, helps us turn the...
September 28, 2018
- Picasso or Ferrari? Comparing the classic car & art markets
In this in-depth article Dr Vincent van der Vinne looks at classic car investment market, and how it...
October 18, 2018
- Lamborghini Urus: First Drive Review
When is an SUV not an SUV? According to Lamborghini, when it’s an SSUV – a Super Sports Utility Vehicle...
October 24, 2018
- Luxury from utility – the range rover story
With the 70th anniversary of the Land Rover behind us, and the 50 years of Range Rover celebrations ahead,...
October 31, 2018
- Prestige coupés – our pick of the bunch
Saloons too ordinary? SUVs too large? Sounds like you’re in the market for a distinctive prestige coupé....
November 8, 2018
- Comparing the classic car and art markets, part two
In part two of this in-depth article by Dr Vincent van der Vinne we look more closely at the connection...
November 14, 2018
- ECO LUXURY: PRESTIGE CARS WITH GREEN CREDENTIALS
Thinking about going green without sacrificing creature comforts or performance? To help guide you through...
November 22, 2018
- JBR auction updates
Two auction houses held three sales in early December with 174 cars coming under the hammer, we look...
December 13, 2018
- Video: Alpine A110 review
We review the 'car of the year' - the Alpine A110. We take the car on the road and on the track at Goodwood,...
December 19, 2018
- The Dino: 50 years of the 'affordable' Ferrari
Dr Vincent van der Vinne looks at the intriguing history of the Dino, and it's transformation from 'affordable'...
January 8, 2019
- Great expectations: Assessing the true value of younger classic cars
The expectation is that of a more affordable purchase than buying a factory-new model, with an increase...
January 25, 2019
- The good, the mad and the obscure - hybrid and EV hypercars
Country-by-country bullet-point round-up of the good, the mad and the obscure in the world of Hybrid...
February 7, 2019
- Top 10 supercars from the Geneva Motor Show 2019
The Geneva International Motor Show has once again set tongues wagging. Here is our round-up of the 10...
March 15, 2019
- Rm Sotheby’s The Youngtimer Collection
See stats, best cars sold and auction review for RM Sotheby’s Youngtimer Collection. This highly anticipated...
April 25, 2019
- Zagato and Aston Martin - Six Decades of History
In Zagato’s centenary year we present an A to Z of the Milanese firm’s collaborations with Aston...
June 5, 2019
- V8, V10, V12 and W16 Engines: Endangered species; get ‘em while you can!
Here is our celebratory round-up of all the more generously-cylindered engines available now or coming...
June 5, 2019
- Classic Cars Prices vs Exchange Rate Impacts at Auctions
We analysed the fluctiations in currency exchange rate between Euro, Dollar and Pound to understand the...
July 23, 2019
- A guide to high-end vehicle transportation
A guide to high-end vehicle transportation from Cosdel, experts with over 50 years of transporting classics...
August 10, 2019
- The shape of things to come - #FundYourPassion
Cars are changing, the reasons we love them are changing – and so are the finance options that fund...
September 5, 2019
- Banksy Truck to be Auctioned at Goodwood Revival
The art-truck, named ‘Turbo Zone Truck (Laugh Now But One Day We’ll Be In Charge)’, is expected...
September 11, 2019
- Frankfurt Motor Show – The internal combustion engine - dead or alive?
Just how fast is the automotive industry moving towards electric cars? JBR Capital attended the Frankfurt...
September 18, 2019
- Bonhams Bonmont 2019 Auction Summary
The JBR Capital team continued its aim to be at the heart of all the key motoring events with a recent...
October 2, 2019
- How to race a McLaren Supercar (McLaren GT4 Racing)
Nick Trott tells JBR Capital, all about racing a McLaren 570S GT4 around the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit...
October 17, 2019
- Jay-Z: the new James Bond?
OK, we’re pushing it, but the music star and the fictional hero have something in common. Find out...
October 30, 2019
- 20 BEST CLASSIC AND SUPERCAR EVENTS in 2020
We’ve compiled a list of the 20 very best shows – the ones you really don’t want to miss ...
November 4, 2019
- JBR Capital and Bonhams Motoring Division
JBR Capital signs marketing agreement with Bonhams Motoring Division, ahead of 2019 Bonhams Bond Street...
November 26, 2019
- The Bond Street Sale - Bonhams
A regular fixture on the auction calendar, The Bonhams Bond Street Sale takes place on Saturday, 7th...
November 26, 2019
- Restomods - When old meets new
Restomods are an emerging phenomenon in the luxury and collector car market, but just what is a restomod...
December 19, 2019
- Stars of 2020 - Most exciting car launches
OK, we’re prepared to go out on a limb here and say that 2020 is going to be the most exciting...
January 13, 2020
- Best Value Cars from our Dealers – January 2020
Here are the cars that some of our dealer friends believe demonstrate great value-for-money at present....
January 24, 2020
- ‘992’ 911 GT3 Revealed
Spot the new Porsche 911 GT3 in this year's Super Bowl advert. Here is what you can see about the new...
February 4, 2020
- Are you ready for a purer driving experience?
Motoring journalists, professional drivers and expert automotive engineers all agree – the most...
February 11, 2020
- Interview with Sheikh Amari of Amari Supercars
Irrepressible is one way to describe Sheikh Amari of Amari Supercars. He greets you with a warm...
February 20, 2020
- JBR Capital – Geneva Giants
Here is our pick on the most iconic cars launched at Geneva Motor Show in 90 years since the event has...
February 25, 2020
- All the key cars from the ‘Geneva’ Motor Show 2020
The event was cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak, but the show must go on. These are the cars...
February 26, 2020
- CLASSIFIEDS OF THE MONTH – OUR PICK
This article was written in March 2020 and all the examples below are of actual or recent cars for sale....
March 9, 2020
- Ignore the doom and gloom – the 2020 ‘Geneva Motor Show’ was fantastic
The automotive industry is in a transitory state – with environmental concerns leading to an onslaught...
May 4, 2020
- March - June 2020 Auction Review
See stats, best cars sold and auction review for March - June 2020. This year’s Amelia Island sales...
July 14, 2020
- What is speed truly worth?
Our version of ‘Dollar per horsepower’ from the land of the muscle cars. We are looking at £GBP...
September 10, 2020
- July - September 2020 auction review
See stats, best cars sold and auction review for March - June 2020. This year’s Amelia Island sales...
October 1, 2020
- Concept cars – Welcome to the Future
We take a look at the history of the concept car and celebrate those that pushed the boundaries of technology...
October 22, 2020
- JBR Capital - An Origin Story
Our founder, Darren Selig, takes time to reflect on our £500 million lending milestone as we continue...
November 2, 2020
- Is the significant interest in young Porsches sustainable?
Is the significant interest in young Porsches sustainable?
January 26, 2021
- Future Classics to buy in 2021
In these turbulent times, choosing the right car to put your money in can be a challenge. It doesn’t...
March 1, 2021
- FUND YOUR PASSION: JBR CAPITAL REAFFIRMS ITS COMMITMENT TO THE AUTOMOTIVE COMMUNITY
Leading provider of vehicle finance to further accelerate growth in 2021 New management team to support...
March 1, 2021
- TRACK-FOCUSED PASSION
Part of what makes up the complex identity of the supercar is its exclusivity, a factor driven not just...
March 12, 2021
- Selig & Stretton: Fund Your Passion Episode 1
Amanda Stretton and Darren Selig reflect on the last twelve months for the luxury car market, discuss...
March 22, 2021
- FCA changes to discretionary commission models: Putting the consumer in the driving seat
Founder and Chief Commercial OfficerFCA ban on discretionary commission models in the motor finance market...
April 7, 2021
- March 2021, Darren’s top 10 favourite financed prestige & performance cars
Unprecedented demand resulted in a record month for JBR Capital
April 12, 2021
- Selig & Stretton: Fund Your Passion Episode 2
Footballers’ cars – exploring the automotive goals of the sport’s biggest stars
April 15, 2021